Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Greetings, Incarnation Catholic School and Church!

Dear Incarnation Catholic School Parents, Students and Families:

At the end of the Gospel according to Matthew, Jesus commissions His disciples saying, “Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you” (28:19).

It is in this spirit that I have accepted the position of Principal at Incarnation Catholic School. I truly feel that God has called me to “go, therefore, and make disciples”. Or, in words from our final year of the diocesan wide Living Eucharist Initiative: I feel that I am being sent to serve as your principal. I am filled with much anticipation and excitement to begin working with you, our teachers, and your children. I have thoroughly enjoyed my few introductions to the community and I look forward to other occasions for us to meet prior to and throughout the 2010 – 2011 school year.

The Incarnation is one of the central mysteries of our Catholic faith and I find it a wonderful springboard for the work of which I hope to take part starting next year. The Incarnation, God entering our humanity in the person of Jesus Christ, completely changed the course of human history. From that moment on, all human endeavors, because of Christ’s divinity, became ways for us to grow closer to God. Much as we become more like God when we receive Him in the Body and Blood of Holy Communion, our humanity became sanctified when He took on flesh and became human. In doing so, He made our lives as humans into something meaningful, something beautiful—something that can ultimately lead us to Him. Therefore, all of our endeavors at ICS, including all of the many curricular, extra-curricular and spiritual aspects of our school, are ways for us to participate in the Incarnation. Emmanuel, the name given to the Messiah by the prophet Isaiah, literally means “God is with us”. I hope and pray that Incarnation Catholic School can be a place where all people: students, teachers, parents, and even visitors can declare that God is, in fact, with us.

In closing, I thank Fr. Michael Suszynski for affording me this opportunity to work as your Principal. I also thank Mrs. Carolyn Goslee for her many years of faithful service at Incarnation, and the wonderful faculty and staff for their openness to the transition ahead. Finally, I ask all of you to pray for all members of the Incarnation Catholic School family. May God continue to bless us, lead us, and guide us as we finish this school year and look forward to the next.

In Christ,

Michael Zelenka